Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thurs June 13th leaving Palmetto State Park heading for Cuero Texas (hopefully)

Hello from McDonalds in Gonzales, Texas!  Ahhhhhh....they have wonderful air conditioning!!!!  I have to give major Kudos to Shawn,   I'm barely making it up these hills in this heat with just my bike and  panniers in this heat and he's pulling the trailer with basically all of our gear, his panniers, he took on the cooler and backpack (my laptop) since I found out that these bents can indeed tip (forget that I said that).  And that is after making breakfast and packing up camp!
 
When Texans tell us Northerners that the heat down here is WAAAAAAAY different than back home....BELIEVE THEM!  Texas is the place where heaven and hell meet.  It's beauty is breath taking it's people are incredibly friendly.  (Note to self-need to start writing down names) We have met some of the nicest people who have shared some of the most interesting stories with us for instance I'm looking forward to hearing how Dewayne Meats from Long Beach, Ca likes his Bent!    Dewayne is a retired marine who also plans on riding for the wounded warrior project next year. Hopefully we will see each other again on the road!  (I'm jealous...he's getting a REALLY NICE Bent)  

Ha...I think I've got to be a bit more specific with God.  Each day we've rode I've asked him for some rain to cool things off and ...well I think He's mistaken me for a Texan because He's sent Bad Thunderstorms that have left us with time to spare in McD's.  The sky is black here now....at least it's  cooler after the rain/storms, until the sun come's back out and then it get's humid as heck and hot again...


Well, loks like now is out best bet to make a run for it....so say a prayer for us that we make it there without any bad storms...RAIN IS OKAY JUST NO STORMS!!!

LOVE TO EVERYONE BACK HOME...AND PLEEEEEEAAAASE DONATE!!!!!!!....MAMABEAR45

No comments:

Post a Comment