Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cuero Texas- Father's Day Weekend

Hello from Cuero Texas!  I haven't got out to take any pictures yet.  I will tomorrow.  We're free camping in a beautiful town park but didn't get in and get our camp set up until day break.  It didn't take long for the heat to set in so there was no sleeping until evening...we were dragging and melting.

I think we will both be VERY happy to get out of hill country.  It's getting better, hills are getting less and easier but occasionally we still come upon a killer hill.  I personally am falling in love with Texas...well everything except for the heat but hey it sure beats snow any day! (I think? yeah...it beats snow...at least that's easy to say when it's not mid day with the sun beating down on us! lol) 

I still can't say enough about how kind the people are here.  We had to take a break due to the heat and a hill at one point and a little old lady came riding up on a 4wheeler to see if we were okay since we had stopped in front of her property.  Nice as could be, just concerned.  She chatted with us for a minute or so then was off back to her house which we never even saw.  The cattle, horses and donkeys will run along the fence rows with us as far as they can.  They seem to be totally fascinated with us.  OH!  I remembered the name of that Fox News commentator!  (told you I would! lol) Mike Huckabee...yes we rode right past his ranch.

We got our first donation in Gonzales Texas from a young couple.  I didn't get their names.  Typical of me...I really need to start getting names.  If you happen to read this we thank you GREATFULLY!

Next stop Brackenridge Recreation Center Edna Texas!

Love to everyone back home...MamaBear45

No comments:

Post a Comment