Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'M GOING TO FLY LIKE AN EAGLE...TO THE SEA....




FLY LIKE AN EAGLE...LET GOD'S SPIRIT CARRY ME...
 
 
I can't believe tomorrow we actually begin this trek!  I won't lie, I am feeling the cold feet today big time.  So many questions, "Have I covered everything?",  "What if I fail?"  "what if...what if...what if....????"  I was up all night last night just thinking about my baby girl (almost 17) up in her room fast asleep and how am I going to get past missing her so badly?  We do have a phone app that will allow us to video chat regularly but that's just not the same, even though when we're both home I barely see her. She's a teenager.  Almost a college student.  It's suppose to be that way.  She is testing her wings HER way.  Still I know she's there and safe.  Ha, now I'm soooo  tired I can't think to change the caption above the DONATE button to say that the profits are going to Oklahoma disaster survivors.  Our band could very much use the extra help and  I have posted the mailing address in one of my blogs, should anyone wish to help us out you can mail a donation to Mr Josh Huff at that address.  But the people of Oklahoma need this to LIVE. 
 
I want you to take a moment and think about all the sad times and loss in your life.  You don't have to visit there long, just remember the pain if you aren't still in the midst of it.  Now imagine if All the hurt you have experienced in your life happened in just the matter of a few minutes.  Your home, your car,  YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS....all gone just like that. Nobody to blame, nobody to be angry with.  It just happened.  One minute your life was normal the next it is turned completely upside down.  THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE FACING.  Where does one even begin to keep moving forward from that?  I do know, like the Kid Rock song says "The least that I can do is CARE."  Please join me and click that donate button and donate something...anything to help me complete this journey and show them that we do care.
 
Also SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!  and ask your friends and your friends friends...the more people we have the more we can help.  Our Government isn't going to be able to give them all they need, they are too busy saving the rest of the world!  My apologies for inserting my opinion there but seriously I do think we are spread too thin and  should be taking care of our own citizens before we try to "save" the world. (especially when some of them don't want us to "save" them.  Shouldn't they have that right to decide how they want to live?  Isn't THAT what FREEDOM truly is?). Further why are so many depending on the govt to decide who their money is going to help?  I'm telling you with each of my rides I make (counting on there being many more) exactly who you will be helping.  A MINIMAL amount may go to help us complete this journey, no more than absolutely needed.  In exchange I will be riding and sharing pictures and travel tips we pick up along the way. (like FREE camping!) and as many tips as I can learn myself to pass on that you can use perhaps to take your family on a vacation you thought was financially unaffordable.  If you are a business and offer your services you will get free advertisement. (another reason I need my readers to SUBSCRIBE PLEASE!...LET THEM KNOW YOU'RE HERE AND READING.)
 
I was thinking too, I've intended carry a flag with the names and any info the family wishes for those who we lost TOO SOON.  How fitting?  Those lost in Oklahoma were definitely GONE TOO SOON...  WILL YOU PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME HELP THEM??
 
I'd also love hearing about anything any of the rest of you decide to do to help your neighbor here.  Lord knows we could all use a leg up right now.  Maybe you have found a cool way of making life a little easier and more joyful for each other?  If so please share it?
 
 If you have any questions feel free to write.  I or a  member from my home base will answer asap.  Or call Derek Jones at 765-437-7343.  (He sleeps during the afternoon so if you need too leave him a voicemail or text and he will return your call)
 
I TRULY BELIEVE THAT CHANGE HAPPENS NOT FROM OUR GOVT BUT FROM INSIDE EACH AND EVERYONE OF OUR HEARTS.  THAT IT IS THE AVERAGE EVERDAY HERO THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.  WHY?  BECAUSE THIS KIND OF CHANGE IS NOT INFLUENCED BY THE POLITICAL NEED TO SATISFY ANOTHER GOVT SO THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SCRATCH OUR BACK AS WELL. THIS KIND OF CHANGE EXPECTS NOTHING IN RETURN, IT IS PURE GIVING FROM THE HEART.  IMAGINE THAT SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD!   WILL YOU PLEASE STEP UP AND BE A HERO TODAY????
 
okay...time to get off of here and get busy wrapping up all the lose ends.  Not much time left before we leave these comforts of home and are on our way.  If you see us say hello!  I want to meet as many of you as possible! :)
 
Love to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment