Wednesday, May 2, 2012

REAL INTRO May 2, 2012

January 30th 2012 , I lost my first born and only son, Andrew (Andy) Hensley to an Accidental Fentanyl overdose. That day began the worst nightmare ever which I fear I will never wake up from, as being a wife and mother are THE most important things in my life.

I have been married to a wonderful man, Derek Jones for 16 years and have a 15 year old beautiful daughter Caitlyn (Cat) Jones as well as many kids my heart has “adopted”. I suffer from severe ME/CFS and FMS as well as Hashimotos (neuro-muscular/auto immune diseases) which have caused me to have to battle a myriad of symptoms including severe pain and extreme exhaustion for 30 plus years with the last 5 being the worst. I will turn 45 on the 26th of June this year and to honor my son and help see some of his dreams come true and in a sense part of him live on AND to help encourage others like him who have a love for learning to continue their education, we will be taking pledges, donations and always looking for sponsors for a fundraising bike tour from Wilmington NC to the southern most point in the United States in Key West Florida (Yes pedaling our bikes with only what we can carry with us) His life long friend//brother Zack Massey and myself will begin on June 27th.

We will keep you updated on our journey writing, vlogging and with pictures here on this blog, as well as any future ventures, progress with the fund and recipients and their progress. I ask of you to look into your hearts and pocketbooks and make a pledge per mile we ride or even a simple straight donation. (Donations can also be made through the Tipton County Foundation)

No comments:

Post a Comment