Thursday, May 3, 2012

I just finished corresponding with the president of the Titpon County Foundation.  Ugh...I left him with this quote:  "According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can’t fly either, but the bumblebee doesn’t know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."

This man seems to think that that the only way we are going to raise this kind of money is by having donors who are wealthy and donate large amounts.  To me anyway, he seemed to put little faith in hard work and the generosity of all of you people out there.  I quickly corrected him.  I told him that he was wrong, there are two ways of obtaining this amount.  Yes I could seek out a few wealthy people a solicit large donations from them or there is also something to be said for a lot of people donating smaller amounts.  Two people donating $5000 each  or finding 1000 people who donate $10 ea both reach $10,000.  Further he initially told us that the foundation would match every $2000 (I don't know if that is just once a year or not...I forgot to ask about that) but still we are at just over $500 in there now, if we reach over $2000 then right there we are at almost half our goal of $10,000!

I have all the faith in the world we can do this.  Not only that I believe we can go well beyond the $10,000 goal.  TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!  WE JUST NEED YOUR HELP! 

I WILL have that donations button up and working by the end of the weekend.  Please, no donation is too small.  Help me show him how wrong he is!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment