Friday, May 4, 2012

MAY 4TH, 2012

First I want to say thank you to my wonderful husband for sticking it out through the ups and downs of 16 years of marriage as of today...I love you!

Well, I'm seeing less soreness and more endurance on the ride but the post exertion exhaustion that comes with my MECFS is still an issue.  I expect it's one I'm just going to have to push though.  I might talk with my doctor to see if she has any suggestions.  I'm not sure how to feel right now...on one hand I AM seeing progress, quite a bit actually.  On the other hand how does one know if they are even close to ready for a ride such as this?  I know I have a ways to go.  I just thank God I still have well over a month left to keep training. 

Still so much else to do aside from the training too...at least this keeps my mind occupied but it's not allowing me to rest much like I need to.  Still need to speak to Buffalo Wild Wings, and get out and start visiting you all face to face begging for pledges! (I'm working on my puppy dog eyes)  Also I can't afford to pay full price for the gear I still need so I have to go out "treasure hunting" for a bike trailer and tent especially. Also need to obtain the smaller items-small camp stove, mess kit, cycling clothing (found that those are really beneficial), sleeping bag unless I take Cat's or find Andy's, sleeping mat, medium size cooler, solar charger, extra bike tubes/repair kit,  rain gear, tarp (note to self-check garage for tarp)  and I would LIKE to find a small camcorder and mount for it for my bike...saw a good one at a pawn shop yesterday (no mount) but it's not a necessity so I didn't get it.

Anxious for Zack to get home from college...one more week!  I'm so proud of him!  And VERY THANKFUL to his girlfriend (soon to be fiance if he ever finds the "perfect" time!)  for letting me have him for this ride.  Danielle you are the best!  I love you both!!!!!!  Wow...wouldn't a Key West Beach Sunset be such a PERFECT...oh well... ;) I will mind my own business there. <grin>

No comments:

Post a Comment