Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6th, 2012

My Dad's Birthday, may he rest in peace or have a blast with my son. :)

Yesterday rode the Nickle back, a georgous bike/hike trail.  I wish we had got an earlier start but it seems I have so much on the administrative side to handle that I can't get going on these rides til late.  Yesterday me got about 12 miles in,  saw the bunkerhill drag strip for the first time and still ended up riding back in the dark some.  Finally got the needed bike trailer and I pulled a couple small coolers full of water and  one contained sandwiches and fruit for dinner.  It took a couple minutes to get used to but after that it wasn't any problem at all.  Well, until I got home...then I had my first flat tire. I'm tired today and my knee is bothering me, a little sore...nothing I couldn't put thru for a little ways but if we were on the road it would either be short day or one filled with frequent stops.  I'm anxious to ride all the way to Rochester for the weekend then ride back.

I'm still wondering if it's all for nothing.  I'm not going to pull Zack away from His Lady whom he doesn't get to see often enough as it is if we have no pledges.

Now for the GOOD news...I wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to Bernadette Ruegg and all the support she has helped gain for our cause in Switzerland!  You did so much for him when he was alive and you continue even now...that means more to me than words can say.  Thank you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment