Sunday, February 23, 2014

MORE BITS OF INFO DISCOVERED

With less than a week til we head to Florida I'm still discovering little treasures of info on the net!  I'm always looking at our next ride and as those of you who follow know, we are working on a very big ride to raise money for The American Cancer Society and funds to help families who are hit financially by their child's battle with cancer.  Having lost our son it is our hope to help assure that other's will never have to live the nightmare of burying their child and in the battle with cancer this is so possible!  Along the way we also intend to visit children's cancer hospitals and being the silly characters we can be, bring a little bit of sunshine to the children who are robbed of a "normal" childhood.  Exactly how or to what extent we are still working on, as our main focus at the moment is The Wounded Warrior Project and accomplishing over 1000 miles after a long cold snowy winter up here in Indiana has kept us cooped up inside. 

Ha!  Hopefully I can hop right back on and ramble along with as much ease as I'm rambling here!  Anyway..while doing my research I stumbled on this little gem and wanted to pass it along.  We're hoping we can work this into our route.  It looks like so much fun!  THE MIDWEST RECUMBENT RALLY begins Aug 8 thru Aug 10.  As another side note, I know that there is another recumbent rally held in the beautiful Smokey Mnts.  I will have to look it up to provide the link for the exact details but it promises to be a wonderful time as well!  If anyone plans on going to these give me a shout out on here so we know to look for you!

Keep the wind at your back and keep on rollin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment