Wednesday, February 19, 2014

AN INTERESTING LITTLE TIDBIT OF INFO

In doing my research while prepping for our upcoming rides I stumbled across a little bit of interesting info I wanted to pass along!  I live in Indiana and just found out that my home state is one of a handful that has chosen to participate in a "no-turn-away" policy for non-motorized campers who happen to stop at their state parks even if they are full.  This is way too cool and something that all states should do as far as I am concerned. I mean there is nothing worse than to be riding a long hard day, run into unexpected delays causing you to get to your destination later than expected only to find out they are full...the sun is sinking low and you have nowhere to go for the night.  It's not like you are in a warm comfy car that you can, if you have to, pull over in a parking lot for a few hours shut eye.  We have to keep on pedaling with sore muscles, in the dark (often more dangerous & difficult to read street signs etc) for who knows how far hoping for a place to eat & sleep before the dawn.

Way to go Indiana!!!! Can't wait to hit the road and explore my home state a bit more ....as soon as this snow disappears!!!!!

http://www.bicycleindiana.org/images/DNRPolicy.pdf

Keep the wind at your back and keep rollin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment