Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

Wow!  It's finally just about here!   I have to say all this snow we have up here in Indiana right now will definitely help me when it comes to missing my family and friends on this trip.   Good Lord,  just when we think we have had out last bout of winter we get hit with more of that cold powdery white stuff.  I don't care if I ever see snow again!  I will be soooooo glad to move to Florida...no snow, daily riding, and who knows maybe I can mold my family into long distance cyclers?????  I can dream huh?  ( Note:  For your own sanity never try to make a long distance cycler out of a non long distance cycler! lol  Finding a complimentary riding partner is very important or you will hate each other in a very short time of living on the road, cramped quarters, long days of exhausting riding, some days of little funds thus little food, days of bad weather riding, ...you get the idea.  Some people prefer to ride in silence, others talk all the time-we tend to strike a happy balance without offense when one needs their space.  Another example is the stops.  I like to get my momentum going, needing to stop constantly bugs me to no end. You just need to find someone you can put up with day in and day out for a month or more, who you can communicate with without offending or being hurt by and that isn't always your significant other, it could potentially put an end to a relationship just like some couples can't work together some cannot ride together.)  Anyway, after this ride my riding partner has to go back to the racing circuit for a while so the family is going to pick up the slack...we'll see how they do! ;) 

I don't mean to discount The Wounded Warrior Project by talking about my next ride.  I personally choose the causes I ride for from the heart so they all are extra special to me.  My father we a decorated WWII Vet.  He always told us that he was "just a cook" in the Army.  We found out different when he passed away in 2002.  Turned out that he was a Squad leader (Is that the right term?)  He accomplished the most while losing the least men and while he never received a purple heart he fulfilled all of the requirements.  He was not drafted.  He chose to serve his country.  I also have uncles, friends , a nephew and some kids that graduated with my late son who are like my own who have or are serving.  This is my way to say Thank you to all who have served or are serving or will serve to protect our Freedom.  I wish I could do more.  I'm using a smart phone app that anyone who rides a bike, walks or runs can use.  For us on bikes they will donate $.10/mile that ea of us rides to The Wounded Warrior Project ( Walkers and runners get more)  If you have a smart phone you can do this too!  If you would like to donate because our ride has inspired you please go to  THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT  to learn more and to make a donation.  I would really appreciate it if you would put #RideAmerica  in the memo of checks written for donations so we can potentially track how much we bring in Thank you!  Donations that come in on my page right now will go towards helping us continue riding on our next tour which is going to be a big one!  I'll tell you about that in my next blog!

Keep the wind at your back and keep on rollin'.....
Love,
MamaBear/Aka RecumbentBaby45

No comments:

Post a Comment