Friday, June 1, 2012

Just a bump in the road

Where do I start?   Well I am happy to report Zack is at home and recooperating quite well.  Our prayers are with him.  Turns out he was quite ill..just shows what a trooper he is...or how stubborn he is, one or the other? ;) 

I've continued my riding and am coming along!  I'm up to being able to ride 30 miles a day pretty easily.  (Yeah me!)  I'm anxious to see just how far I can go...I've not tried that yet just because I've not had anyone who would ride that far with me.  But I'm thinking I may set out on my own soon and give it a try because the curiousity is killling me!

The path I've been riding is the Nickle Plate.  It runs from Cassville Indiana to Rochester Indiana if you complete the entire route.  It's a beautiful paved rail trail.



The thing is there are no challenging hills on this path...at least none that I have encountered thus far.  So once I complete the distance my next challenge will be to find a route with challenging hills.  To be honest, I'm so anxious to get out and really go some place...to actually hit the road and ride to a destination and pitch my tent or check in to a hotel and wake up the next morning and keep going...I want to go...go ...go and see just how long and how far my body will carry me.  As the Nike slogan says, I may load up soon and JUST DO IT.  I'm so at peace when I ride.  I love the interesting people I encounter and the beauty of the road.  I love the fresh air and sunshine and just being out there..just me and my thoughts.  It seems to help in the healing process.  Am I scared of going alone?  Oh yes but really, there is just as much danger riding the roads near home as there is any other road.  One must practice the same caution regardless of where you are.


We still need all the help we can get raising money for the ANDREW HENSLEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND. and expenses for fundraising which have been minimal thanks to many donations of items needed.  If you would like to donate you can do so by clcking on the button below:






THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment